Friday, May 23, 2014

Our Trip to Utah

My grandma passed away on May 1, so we all took a quick trip down to Utah for the funeral. Although it was for a sad event (and a joyous celebration of a lovely, long life), we made the best of our time with family.

Who knew SeaTac airport had a little play land? Rachel loved climbing and sliding on the toys, especially the slide and the airplane.


We went to feed watermelon rinds to the local horse and colt. The kids were very intrigued.


We also made a point to visit with Andrew's elderly grosseltern, Oma and Opa.
The bottom two pictures are after the funeral, where we got a picture of all of Grandma's grandchildren and great-grandchildren. Quite a legacy!

I will miss my Grandma, but I know I will see her again. And, as one friend said to my mom, "Look at the great lengths she went to so that you could have all your kids with you on Mother's Day!" And look at how wonderful it was for all Grandpa's grandchildren to be with him for this day.

No comments: