Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Blogging Woes

So, I am having some blogging issues and it is not necessarily because I am lazy or don't want to get on the computer. It has to do with images.

I ran out of space to upload pictures to blogger a while ago. I opened a flickr account. This works OK, but people started added some of my pictures to their favorites or whatever. I don't know these people. So then I started making my images private and that worked for a while, but then suddenly you couldn't see them. Then I made the images in my last post public and a bunch of people marked them as favorites. I still don't know those people who are favoriting my sweet little girl. And the main point of this blog is so you who I know can see pictures of my sweet little girl and future sweet little baby (coming in August, I haven't mentioned that). As of late I have been using Facebook to share pictures (I know, the safest and most private place on the internet---not).

Pretty much I will have to explore my options but I'm thinking I might need to delete some earlier posts and maybe make my blog private. Sorry to those who have private blogs, but I really hate private blogs. I hate checking them, I hate that I have to be logged in. I am pretty much 90% less likely to read your blog if it is private. I will keep thinking about this and exploring options but input from my readers would be appreciated.

That's all for now!

9 comments:

Annie O Castro said...

i completely agree about private blogs so i really hope it doesn't resort to that!! I'm lazy and just want to read what pops up in my reader, and private blogs don't :(.

Kristen said...

I hate private blogs too, but when it came down to convenience vs the safety of my girls and family, it was kind of a no brainier for me. Not that I really blog anymore but.....

Congratulations on your pregnancy! So exciting!

Eliza said...

I like private blogs myself.... I appreciate the better control I have on who sees my stuff, especially when it comes to my family.

Melanie said...

I hate private blogs. No bueno. Also, I heard that if you get another email and add that email as another contributor to the blog then you can use that one to put on more pictures. Not sure if that is true. Maybe try putting on pictures with Andrew's email? That's really lame that they limit pictures though.

The Bredthauers said...

Have you looked into using wordpress instead of blogger? I have heard some say there's more 'space' for pictures, although I haven't checked to see if that's true. I use it for my teaching portfolio & it works great! Just an idea!

Ashley said...

I hate private blogs (and I HAVE one!) It took me a long time to be okay with having a private blog because I know it's such a hassle for everyone. But, I just couldn't justify a public blog. I figure, those that really care will take the time to log in. You can't be too careful with what you place on the internet. I know making my blog private doesn't magically take me "off the grid", but it makes me feel better about posting pictures (which you know I do a lot of). It's interesting that you've had problems with that. I've posted hundreds and hundreds of photos on all of my blogs and I've never had a problem with it. hmmm? Sorry it's been such a pain for you.

Heidi said...

For awhile I couldn't put new pictures on, unless I did it under Russell's name, because he still had pictures he was allowed to put on (each user had a limit) and then we did something to make that go away. We've been blogging on blogger since 2006, and I can still put on new pictures. I'll ask Russell what magic thing we did. I know we didn't pay money.

Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah. A few thoughts, one is to reduce the size of the pictures before you put them up, unless you're trying to keep the highest quality you can for printing or something like that. Another one is what email address do you associate the blog with. If it's a gmail one, maybe getting a google drive set up will let you include the storage space of that also for your pictures. Sorry.

Karen said...

I supposedly ran out of picture room in 2012. I didn't post pictures for a bit while I thought about what to do. I randomly checked the space allowance on blogger after a bit of time and I had more space available. (so keep checking, you never know) I would print your blog to a book before you delete past posts. I plan on doing that sometime for an old family blog as well as my own blog.
My blog is not private, but is not searchable either. I do not list it on my profile, so it is hard for someone to find if I do not tell them about it. Maybe just make your blog harder to find? I am not a big fan of flickr and their privacy stuff, so I do not use them. Not much help right? Sorry. Love the pics of Rachel and the news of what you three are up to.