Friday, November 16, 2012

Make Way for Ducklings: Flaunting My Fella

A blogger I read challenged her readers to "flaunt" our spouses in response to an online forum that made fun of husbands. I love my Andrew and I want to flaunt him and the delightful person he is.

We were returning from the grocery store and passing the duck pond. Andrew made a few duck calls. And some ducks started to follow us.

Rachels_Birth_0161.JPG

Andrew continued to call the ducks and more came out of the water and started to follow us. It was almost terrifying. There were about 30 ducks following us.

Rachels_Birth_0162.JPG

A few more duck calls and the ducks still in the water swam alongside him.

Rachels_Birth_0164.JPG

These ducks would have followed Andrew (their king, apparently) home and into a cooking pot. Good thing he doesn't really like duck. And good thing that they got confused when we passed an old man smoking and his grandson so the ducks stopped following us.

My fella is great because he carries the baby, the groceries, isn't afraid to be himself by calling ducks in as if he were hunting when we live in a place where people love their pets and animals more than other people, and making us all laugh.

”Call

3 comments:

Karen said...

I love seeing him with the baby pack on.

Melanie said...

dude, I love ducks! That's awesome so many were following you. Andrew is a good fella.

Annie O Castro said...

can i just say that i am so jealous of your husband's talent?? ducks are my FAVORITE animals, and I wish they would follow me around like that!