Sunday, November 21, 2010

I'm Gourmet!

Well, at least some of the food I've been cooking lately has been gourmet.

I really like cooking (and eating), and I'm glad that Andrew likes to do those things, too. We've been trying some adventurous new recipes lately, and most of them have gone well.

This is a Schwartzwalderkirschetorte (Black Forest Cherry Cake) that I made for Andrew's birthday. It was my first time making this German cake, and I think it turned out pretty well for having almost no clue the whole time I was making it.

So, here's a funny story associated with this cake. It is Andrew's favorite cake that his mom makes, so for his birthday I was going to surprise him. I need the recipe, so I sent a text asking his mom to email it to me. Then, I got a text from Andrew saying that he didn't have it. I was confused until I realized that I accidentally texted him instead of texting his mom! Oops. Andrew thought it was so funny, and I guess it is. Andrew appreciates that I can't keep secrets and he can't stand having secrets. We are a good pair.


This isn't gourmet, but I thought my onions were awesome. It's a Picasso cheeseburger!


I mad this Persimmon Roll with the persimmons from our Bountiful Basket. Neither of us had eaten a persimmon before, so we had to find a delicious recipe to use them before they turned mushy and weird. It was so good!


And this is my new cooking pride and joy. It is Italian sausage, wild rice, sage, and marjoram on the bottom, and acorn squash and brussel sprouts with lemon butter and nutmeg on top. The squash and sprouts were also from our Bountiful Basket. Oh man you guys, this was seriously sex for tastebuds. So delicious!

Thanks to our Bountiful Basket, Andrew and I have tried new recipes, which is what we like to do anyway, so this works out perfectly.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Wow, Sarah. Look at you being a domestic wife. ;)