Thursday, October 21, 2010

Who Really Cares?

Who really cares if my house is a disaster zone? At this point, I do not. I have been so busy with grad school and trying to get things done and be healthy and follow through on my obligations that the apartment is definitely being neglected. But I am OK with that.

Except soon I will have to do the dishes.

And soon, I will have to dig through the baskets of clean clothes to find things to wear, and then those piles will become dirty clothes and will hide in my closet.

The floor is sick but when you are sitting at a clutter desk in your even more cluttered spare room, who really cares what the floor looks like? Actually, the floor in here is very clean. It's cuz there aren't any doors to the outside world in it. We have a ton of leaves and dust and rocks and crap by the back door. And there isn't any food prep in here, so no food on the floor.

Chores I Should Do:
  • Do the dishes
  • To do the above task, I must first put away the clean dishes in the drying rack.
  • Vacuum
  • Mop
  • Fold laundry
  • Put away folded clothes
  • Clean counters
  • Iron (which will probably never happen)
  • Cook Andrew's birthday cake--a dream which is slowly fading away
  • Organize the shoe closet
And frankly Scarlett, I don't give a clam.

Except I should cuz we are having guests this weekend... muh...

If it bothers them, they can clean it for me.

PS - yes, blogging is more important than clean silverware.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

HA! Sounds like my day exactly! :) We've given up on the clean house as well. And, I also have a mountain of dishes and an even bigger mountain of landry to do today.

Anonymous said...

oh this made me laugh. It is so how I feel about 95% of the time. Who wants to work all day long and then come home and clean! haha

Jennifer said...

I could have done your dishes when I was there. That's what mothers are for.

Chase and Amy said...

Totally agree. As long as you have something to eat cereal out of in the morning and at least clean underwear, you're good to go!