Sunday, October 17, 2010

Naomi Peak

Andrew and I went hiking several Saturdays ago. I loved the hike and the resulting pictures, so I am posting them, albeit rather late.

One side is the Cache National Forest...


And the other side is the Mt. Naomi Wilderness.

I was very struck by the differences in the flora and fauna. The Cache National Forest side of the mountain, while not as forested, was a whole lot more so than the Wilderness area. It was desolate.

I reached the top! Fantastic picture, if I do say so myself. This was after I started going a little crazy/loopy after being depleted of oxygen at 10,000ish feet. You would think I would have handled this a little better cuz I was born and raised at 5,000.

Tender love!

Andrew is the king of the mountain.

And I am the queen of the mountain.

Hiking is awesome. I hope we can do it more often. There are so many great trails and places to explore up Logan Canyon and around Cache Valley in general.

No comments: