Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A Day at Temple Square

I had the opportunity to spend about an hour wandering around on Temple Square on May 9. It was fun to take pictures and feel peace while Andrew was at T-roy and Michaelene's wedding.










I thought that one tulip was kind of sad. I think a bride stepped on it. The place was crawling with brides! I am hardly exaggerating when I say that there were at least 15 brides that I saw. It was insane.


Now I'm not much of a photographer, and I didn't even know that my camera had this feature! I adjusted the focus in the next two pictures, and I really like them.



This kid was way funny. He was splashing in the reflecting pool and got all wet. Then his mom pulled out a fresh set of clothes and changed him into them. Once he was dressed, he ran right back to the pool and started to splash again!


I didn't know that the spires had such cool things on top.



Me and Andrew not being particularly reverent. :)

The freshly married newlyweds - T-roy and Michaelene. I'm jealous. But soon it will be my turn. Yay! Woot!


I love him. This is a funny picture cuz for once he made a nice face and I made a crazy face.
I'm really glad that I got to spend that time on Temple Square. It was very peaceful for me at a sad time. My cousin Scott's wife, Lariann, passed away that day after 2 1/2 years of fighting a brain tumor. I was really grateful for the knowledge and reassurance of that knowledge that I had that day that eternal families are real and possible.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I really like these pictures, Sarah! Probably my favorite is the one with the tulip that is dead. I just think it is really kind of clever, artistic, and also humorous! You probably think I'm a nut, but I don't care. So there.