Monday, August 11, 2014

Counting Down...

Obviously, I am really pregnant. Like due in one week. And it is super hot right now. Today, our car thermometer said it was 93*. This is very hot because I get grumpy and uncomfortable when it hits 80* here in Washington (I do not like humidity). We ate out so we could dine in some air conditioning. Poor Rachel has to deal with a tired, sore, and often grumpy mom all day long. I read her many books so she doesn't destroy everything all day. But she still does and makes a huge mess and runs around naked laughing. This girl is going to get a rude awakening when I birth out her brother and become mobile again---no more running just out of mom's reach (except she will probably get faster).

We are excited for the Baby Boy to arrive. I am excited to not be pregnant and to meet this little fellow. Andrew is excited to see The Boy wiggling because he always misses my tummy going crazy. Rachel has no idea but we get her to say, "Come play with me, Baby Brother." I think she is more excited about Grandma coming on an AIRPLANE to the AIRPORT in two weeks (bolded words make her super excited). So we all have things to look forward to coinciding with the birth of the Baby Boy. Any day would be great! Preferably sooner than later. Can heat put you into labor?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Heat can put you in labor but probably more likely to happen if you are dehydrated... which I DO NOT recommend. Thunder storms can also put you in labor (at least I've been told and it worked with my first). Just pray that WA gets a good storm and then maybe you will be blessed with your boy. Good luck though. The last few weeks are the hardest. You are a champ!

Damaris said...

Good Luck! I hope everything goes well.