Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Things I Never Thought I Would Say: Chinese Edition

At Hot Yoga
Kendra: I have never been this hot in my entire life.
Me: I have.
Kendra: What! Where?
Me: Hong Kong.

About my favorite food
Me: Who would have though my favorite food would be a tofu dish? I love tofu.
(Disclaimer: My favorite food is Ma Po Dau Fu, which has pork and tofu in it.)

Discussing dinner parties
Me: Who can we have over for hot pot?
Andrew: The Georges? McIntoshes? Martins?
Both together: Who is brave enough to eat our Chinese food?
Both together: The missionaries!

Concerning pregnancy cravings
Me: If I could only eat one food, it would be curry.

Post-Mother's Day meal
Me: Curry, I love you; curry I do. 
    Father in Heaven as sent you to meee! 
    When I am near you, I love to hear you 
    Singing so softly that you love me, too.
    Curry, I love you. I love you, I do.

On reasons why I love Andrew
Me: You introduced me to curry. And to Ma Po Dau Fu.

Texting Andrew
Me: The red bean paste is done! (homemade)
Andrew: How is it?
Me: Yummy. I would even put it in ice cream.

Emergency preparedness discussions
Andrew: We go through at least 75 pounds of rice per year.
Sarah: I think we should switch the recommendations of wheat and rice.

At our Chinese New Year feast with a Hong Konger
Me: I've  never cooked for a real Chinese person.
Alex: Well it's good! I haven't had anything this good in the US.

Conclusion
Something is wrong with me.
I'm obsessed with food.
I'm obsessed with curry.
If you are brave, come eat with us.

1 comment:

Michaelene Munro said...

can we come over and have some! :)