Thursday, September 20, 2012

A Place To Sleep

My parents gave us the cradle that me and all my siblings slept in. My grandpa made it. It was getting old the finish was kind of nasty. So we decided to re-finish it for our little girl.

Crib_Sanding_0001
Andrew sanding the bed.

Crib_Sanding_0003
Me sanding and my beautiful garden behind me.

Summer2012_340
Andrew sanding with his graduation present (from my parents).

Don't we have a lovely patio?

After a lot of indecision between staining the cradle and painting it, we finally decided to paint it off white.

cradle_209
Andrew priming the cradle.

cradle_210
Andrew priming and needing a haircut quite desperately. Also, check out my beans--they did so well.

cradle_212
Me being Michaelangelo painting my Sistine Chapel. This was seriously the best way to paint the rungs.

cradle_216
Andrew Michaelangelo-ing.

cradle_217
Painting the bottom--almost done!

cradle_219
Yay! We are painting in our kitchen and there is horrible lighting!

cradle_222
Me putting the finishing touches on the cradle base.

It's done!

cradle_223

cradle_224
I love it.

Baby Girl gets to share a room with a desk, telescope, cello, and all sorts of storage. She is lucky. People put pictures of their cute nurseries up. This one isn't cute. I think you don't need a cute nursery when your baby is so darn cute. Her cuteness would overpower the cuteness of the nursery, making it obsolete.

And that was our big craft for the baby!

6 comments:

Rachelle said...

It looks so great! I am getting so excited for you guys. I cannot wait to see your CUTE little girl!

Chase and Amy said...

Awesome! Look at you guys being all crafty. And I think it's great that you still hike and all that fun jazz being so pregnant. :)

Heather said...

That looks so great!! I'm excited to see her soon! Don't worry, Audrey and Caleb both shared rooms with a desk and storage too. Even now that we have a house, Annie's room isn't decorated. :) I'm so excited for you guys!!!

Paige said...

Nice job! Our first baby shared space with all sorts of things too. It builds character :)

Kristen said...

I LOVE it!

Karen said...

I think it is beautiful.
And you are right, the cute baby will make the room cute.
Much like my feelings on hair bows and babies.
I rarely put bows on my baby girls, who needed bows when they had hair to give them cuteness. I admit this only works when the baby has hair.